- Jonathan D. Salant, "Critics question propriety of Cheney, Scalia socializing," The Advocate, Baton Rouge, January 18, 2004.
- David G. Savage, "Duck hunt raises ethics questions; Cheney's energy case pending before Scalia," The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, January 17, 2004,
p. A-10(from the Los Angeles Times).
- J.E. Bourgoyne, "Cheney, Scalia duck into La. to hunt," The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, January 9, 2004,
- David G. Savage, "Trip with Cheney puts ethics spotlight on Scalia; Friends hunt ducks together, even as the justice is set to hear the vice president's case, Los Angeles Times, January 17, 2004,
- "Rehnquist appoints panel to probe handling of judicial misconduct," Los Angeles Times, May 26, 2004,
p. A-23(from wire services).
- David G. Savage, "Supreme Court backs up Cheney in records fight; Energy panel case sent back to appeals," The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, June 25, 2004,
p. A-1(from the Los Angeles Times).
- ABA Model Code of Judicial Conduct, 2000 Edition, American Bar Association, ABA Book Publishing, Chicago, 1999.